It's not a dual-vacuum distributor, but a mechanical-vacuum unit. A vacuum diaphragm AND fly weights. The distributor that came on the 200 was a vacuum-only unit. I had considered the DUI ignition that Classic Inlines sells, but decided it was an expensive over-kill for the this engine. I know this will sound silly, but the Duraspark distributor just looks funny! I like the idea of a "stock" distributor updated with top-of-the-line Pertronix. Open the hood and you'll see what looks like a period-correct distributor and a coil, just like you would with a stock engine. For some reason, that just appeals to me.

Pat, thank you for your offer! I especially like the idea of beautifying the engine bay with the engine out. I was (am?) concerned I just wouldn't have time to do that if we were in banzi-swap mode, just trying to get her running as quick as possible. I think rattle-can Rustolium black would be sufficient for the black areas. I would like to try to match the baby blue as close as possible for the small area at the top of the firewall and the underside of the hood.

I'm assuming Carter and I will have the engine and trans finished before he goes in for surgery. That would put it in October some time. I'll try to nail down a date better the next time I see him.