Thread: Freddie's Transplant

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm not sure about all those assumptions, but oil pump capacity has more to do with it than the lifters or valve springs. Oil pump pressure should be a constant. I'm not sure (off the top of my head) what they offered for high-volume (not pressure) oil pumps on the L6, but that would be something to look at if you are not certain what was installed.

I know, just from history, that getting oil all the way up to the rockers was an issue requiring external tactics to get it up there, but whether that is an issue with lifters as well, I don't know. Usually by now (50 years post engine release) anything that can be known about these motors has been published - as well as any and all modifications you can and should do to make them survive any upgrades you want to throw at them.

You probably did well with going this route. I think we're all in agreement that we'd like to see more of your car out-n-about.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"