Thread: Carb Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    oldford63 Guest

Smile Carb Question

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know who I can purchase a carburator rebuild kit from for my 1963 170ci 1 barrel manual choke carb?

Thanks,
    Guy

Have you already gone to your local auto parts stores? I went to a local parts store over the summer who had to order it up from a warehouse 50 miles away, but it was there the next day. They are still readily found just about anywhere.

I know Kenny used rockauto.com a lot, but I honestly would attempt a local source for this particular item just in case it takes a couple tries to get the right one. Carbs, after 45 some-odd years are not guaranteed to be the ones that Ford put on from the factory.

At the very least get a brand/model off the carb (Holley, Carter, Autolite, etc) and look for any stamped numbers or tags that may still be attached to help the parts house narrow your search for the "right" kit.

Hope this helps.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Get any numbers or information from the carb you can. Ford usually has a little metal tag attached to the carb with numbers on it..

Schuck's O'rielly's carries carb kits in the Niehoff brand.. if you don't have good luck at one of the stores.. send me the information from your carb and I'll locate a part number for you..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

My local (Seattle) NAPA store had it on the shelf.

oldford63 Guest

Smile

Thanks guys,
    I am glad when things turn out to be simpler then I exspect. I added some cleaner to my fuel with good results, but it must have over done it because the carb is now dripping. Oh well, I now have the opportunity to rebuild my carburator!
    Thanks again for all of your help,
    Guy

Two hours project if you don't run into snags... Just take your time adjusting the float - everything else it hard to screw up. Simple carbs.