Thread: Breather Hose for 63 Falcon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks guys. I will probably end up being creative and make my own hose. I appreciate your insight and help.

Jim Jarriel
    63 Ford Falcon Futura Convertible

One thing you might try is to go into an auto parts store and just ask if you can go back and look at some of the hoses they have in stock and explain what you're looking for. The guys at small Napa or Action Auto stores have let me do that before. Or maybe they will let you browse through the catalogs. You could always sand off a GM logo if need be!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks for your input guys. But I was all screwed up. I found a picture of a 170ci on the internet that shows where the hose connects to the side of the engine from out of the air cleaner. I assumed it went into the vented oil cap...... But I'm still trying to figure out where the oil cap output goes.

Jim Jarriel
    63 Ford Falcon Futura Convertible

Jim, I have never seen a set-up like the one pictured. I thought the block vent (the lower end of the hose pictured) was just a down tube pointed at the ground, or later plugged with a PVC was added to the valve cover. I could be wrong.

The Ford 170 just had the road draft tube. The Murcury version had the road draft tube replaced with a crankcase vent tube to the air cleaner.

If you aren't concerned with originality, get a later valve cover from a 200 and switch to a PCV system. connect the PCV valve to a constant vacuum souce below the carb. Then just plug the hole that the road draft tube was in.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

If you want a valve cover with a grommet for a PCV valve I've got a spare for no charge. Would look really nice with a new paint job. I can send a photo if you'd like.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)