Thread: Muffler Suggestions

Muffler Suggestions

I would like to quiet down...some...the falcon....it has a new flowmaster exhaust system with fairly large pipes....I'm looking for some type of mufflers that will still have the beefy sound without waking up the neighborhood should I get on it. Some time back a member (Patrick I think) gave me what kind of muffler I should look for but I can't find it now. So...any advice?

Thanks
    Hal

Here is a link you might find interesting.
    http://members.tripod.com/~racetruck/muffler.html

I changed to Borla mufflers based on this with 2.5" pipe. I bought the shorter 14" muffers and used a Mustang mandrel bent tailpipe kit. I wish I had gone with the 19" version. There is moreroom that I thought. The key is to use the mandrel tailpipes.

Another great option is to get a pair of reproduction Hemi mufflers. They are made in 2.25" versions only. I'm told they flow well, are quiet, and still sound like you have a V8 in there. It's the classic 60's sound.

I would go with the Hemi mufflers if I were to start all over again.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Look at www.yearone.com and look for part number A0950 or HM661170.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Patrick....thanks for the information and part numbers. I will try and get the car down to the muffler place in a few days to check all this out.

Hal