Thread: New Lokar Shifter

New Lokar Shifter

I just finished the installation of a new 8" Lokar shifter. This was done in preperation of the rack and pinion project. The column mods for the rack won't work with the column shift.

It was a simple installation although there was a lot of back and forth from under the car to inside the car. The new shifter has a nuetral safety switch which works great. I won't miss pushing up on the column shifter when turning the key.

Now I need to sort out the shift indicator.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I didn't realize you were still running the column shift since you did the engine swap, Patrick. I put my Lokar shifter in years ago, but have yet to hook up the N/S switch
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

I just reinstalled the carpeting in the front. I had to cut a hole for the shifter. I was nervous but it went very well. I need to order the boot now. I plan to use the one pictured here. I'll change the black boot material to burgundy to match the rest of the interior.

Patrick Brown

I like the looks if this one - I got the plain round one but haven't installed it yet as I still need to POR 15 my floorpans. Will this bezel be able to bend to the curved shape of the trans tunnel with the detent on it? It looks thicker than the one I have.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

It installs flat. I'll fab a metal box to sit under the carpet to support it.
    Patrick Brown