Thread: Did you have a winter falcon project ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you have a winter falcon project ?

Well after a year or so of the house remodel I needed to get back to my falcon..so what can one do to a fuel injection motor? change spark plugs or just look at it..so I decided to remove all of it and put a 4-bbl on it with a good old distributor in it..and it runs great, also roger made a drill bit to drill the spot welds on the tower to fire wall braces, what a job that was,a little welding and some bondo it's looking good,now I can see the master cyl. now.... I know...it's next...the fuel injection was on it for 14 years..how time fly's.....john h
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good John. I'm actually working on gathering EFI stuff now. I'm going to go with a MegaSquirt setup with EDIS-8 ignition. The rack and pinion swap is first though.

What tower brace did you go with? It looks like it fits well.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Hi John, now that I can see that master cylinder... WOW! I was surprised to see it is still the single. Don't make me tell my horror story again.

The rest looks great. What is the little blue baggie taped to the front of the passenger shock tower?

patrick, I have never heard of that efi do they have a web site? jeff thats bondo, nice color ah, it's filling the holes where the mass airflow meter was, things were starting to look like swiss cheese under the hood...john h

My winter project is installing a t-5..
    I'm in the final assymbly process now..
    Problem is I had a CRS momement and for some stupid reason I used a hole saw to cut the 3" hole for the shifter.. Looks great until you realize that unles you bolt the shifter to the tranny before installing the tranny in the car, this isnt going to work..

Why couldn't I remember this before I went through the trouble of buying a 3" hole saw??

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Winter Project

Well its been a while since I responded but yes the winter project is almost complete. Motor / T5 are in. Everything to this point is going well. have about 75 miles on the new motor. Just recently swapped out the restrictive stock linkage for a Lokar mustang pedal throttle cable set up .. Carbs are openning WOT now Here is avideo clip link.. Just running the stock manifold with a 2" / flowmaster 40 series. Headers are going on next week and I will switch to a Dual out 2.25" with Flomaster super 44's.
    http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...t=Falcon-2.flv
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by falcon cobra View Post
    patrick, I have never heard of that efi do they have a web site?
    Here are a few sites to get you started. The last one is for the EDIS setup.
    http://www.megasquirt.org/megasquirt.html
    http://www.megamanual.com/index.html
    http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/EDIS.htm

I already have the MegaSquirt computer built and tested. I also have the 36-1 reluctor wheel, and the cam position sensor to replace my distributor.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

The tower brace is from total control products, it's a nice kit ,fit well and the rods are removeable for access to things [ master cyl. comes to mind ] it was 239. john

Winter Project

My 61

New 200 / 206 c.i. mocked up

Kevin boy what a nice little black falcon, where do you live? john