Thread: Practice painting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Practice painting

Here is a picture of a spare fender that I am practicing on to determine the color of yellow that I want. I sprayed the lower section with yellow primer and the upper section with white primer. Then yellow with pearl over the white/yellow primer and yellow metallic over the white/yellow primer.
    The picture doesn't do the pearl justice. I love it and probably will go with the yellow pearl over white primer. The yellow metallic comes out with a greenish tint, which Sherwin Williams folks said it would.
    Three coats of primer block sanded then three coats of base, 3 coats of clear, sanded, and then 2 more coats of clear sanded and buffed with three compounds.
    I won't show you the top where I had some horrible runs. Practice is definitely needed. I will soon change my call name from "blackfalcon" to yellowbird or something.
    As soon as I can decide which color it is then I will paint the engine bay, trunk area, lower surfaces of hood and trunk and door frames. Maybe just maybe I will make it to a car show with you all some day. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images