It sounds as though none of you thought this was a good system, so maybe I'll shelve this project for now and concentrate on my brakes, front end, and cylinder head (depending on the news I get this week from the shop)

However, for the sake of clarification;

John - what do you mean by the electronics are on all the time - do you have a clock, or are you saying the module is a drain itself?

Patrick - Is that a GM alternator? I'm confused as I thought they were more than one wire...

Kenny - thanks for the link, but I'm electrically challenged I guess Patrick's answer will clarify for me, but is the three wire a GM or ford alternator? My concern using the GM alternator is the lower mounting bracket mating up with the 6cyl engine. I should probably go to the Ford six board. I really wouldn't mind getting rid of the ugly regulator and wiring on the core support, but reliability is more important to me.

Either way, I guess I'll go ahead and order my brake parts and skip this for now. No use in trying to do everything all at once - that's how projects never get finished. I want this back on the road for the Rat Bastards show at XXX Aug. 30th