Thread: Dave's Picnic show this Saturday

Dave's Picnic show this Saturday

Hey all,

I was just reminded of a show that's coming up this weekend. If any of you recall the show from last year with the airplane hangers and the Indian motorcycle shops, it's that one (you can probably find the thread I posted from last year here on the forum if you search). This is a REALLY GOOD show if you can make the cruise up to Monroe.

I don't have the exact address, but if you're heading East on hwy 2 just before you get to the fairgrounds there is a good sized intersection with a gas station on the corner. If you head up that road North about 1 block "Daves" house is just up on the first hillside to the right overlooking the valley below to the South. You can't miss it.

Last year your $10 entry got you a nice spot and a nice lunch and lots of cars plus an airplane/motorcycle/car museum (of sorts) to peruse.

I think it is put on by the Thursday Night Garage folks.

It's a one-of-a-kind show. I think if you can make it and get there by 9AM you'll still have a sweet spot -- but it was rainy last year and got pretty full, so who knows how big it'll be this year.

See you if you show up.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Wings & wheels 2007 [ daves picnic ] He restores indian's and flying boats, great place & great food....john h
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was in the Soap Lake area today, and stopped at what used to be called the Soap Lake Pig Run, but is now called the Soap Lake Hot Rod Reunion. There were quite a few very nice cars there this year. Only one lonely little Falcon though. I chatted with the lady (owner) for a few minutes. Turns out she is a local from Stratford. Mentioned our club and handed her a card. Told her of the branch in Spokane. She sounded interested, so.... heads up Nathan. Her Ranchero is an unrestored, but pretty well maintained car and she says she is going to start restoring it soon. I think her name was Melanie.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I think we would be better off living in spokane, there was only 4 falcons at the best show around and I might add a fine lunch for ten bucks, and only one member to the rainier club,,,we had more at the tech meeting.. oh well

The weather here in Spokane makes for alot of down time..

Although there are more and more falcons popping up every weekend..

I just realized I havent attended that many car shows this year.. So far four.

We had our falcons in the park picnic about two weeks ago and it was a little dissappointing turn out. I found out later that i scheduled it on the same weekend as a big car show so my bad..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Great show

That was a great show. What a collection. The food was good. The owner of all that stuff is a great guy, one of his daughters was giving tours of the unfinished 25,000 sq ft home and she was also a very nice person. I hope I can go back in a year to see the progress to the home and aircraft.
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    2006 Honda Element(Wifes taxi)
    1990 Dodge Cummins PU (350,000 miles strong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It really is a nice show -- one I'll look forward to again and again. Would like to see some of the others of us there some day. It's a little way to go for some -- but I see some of the most unique cars at this show -- cars I never see anywhere else.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"