Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tech Day -- Part Two -- September 19th

Hope you can make it. I'm sure we can find something for you to do! And someone just taking pictures is always a good thing...

Does the noise sound like an axle bearing? If it's a stock rearend, they're not that difficult to replace or very expensive. Don't let it get too bad. I once drove to the parts store to pick up a bearing because mine was making a racket. When I left the store, it seized up and I had to have it towed home. Luckily it didn't do much damage.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Kenny,
    No, it's definately brake related. Happens when I use the brakes. The last few times I had to drive it when my Focus was down I would really ease up to stops to be as easy on them as possible. Not sure if it's just needs shoes or what. Also, ever since I've had it {about 18 months}, the front end kinda pulls to the passenger side when braking. Not sure whats up with that either. Jon
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe

Tech Day and Meeting combined this month.

For anyone reading this we'll be supplying a lunch as well, like last time. Possibly pizza or something requiring less cleanup for Gene. We're also combining the Septermber meeting with this tech day. Notice is being sent to the list about these things.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Having my own "tech day"

I'll be, hopefully, doing the final assembly of my C4 this Saturday while Carter continues with the new engine assembly.
    Dang! I haven't been to a meeting in a long time! I swear I haven't dropped out!!
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

there was plenty of time to postpone your day of trans work to be at the tech day. after all what if we were all to busy the day we worked on your car in the heat [ very hot that day] you may not have had disk brakes on it today. so If I remember that day, you didn't even have it jacked up or the wheels off..so we had to do that to...some help and some don't care....oh well

Ughhhhh! John...you lack the same gene my ex-wife did at times. A little switch that makes you not express what you're thinking.

Gary's a very active, paid member of the club and doesn't need a guilt trip. Be civil. There's really no need for negative stuff on the forum. Pleeeeeeease???
    Last edited by redfalken; September 14th, 2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Fruedian slip! Should have read EX-wife...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

rainierfalcons tech day

Tech day on Sept 19th conflicts with another tech day in Fife with Jaguar dealer which I'll be going to...not that I'm into Jaguars. It just happens
    that they are having some sort of tech 101 session covering "everything".
    We shall see? And, it is closer to home. Good luck to everyone in Everett
    on the 19th.

I will be there for the first 1/2 of the tech day. I guess that means I'll just have to work twice as hard

What time are we shooting for, I know we don't want to upset neighbors when Pat shows up with his glass-packs.
    Last edited by Jeff W; September 14th, 2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: More info

Sorry, hate to miss another meeting/event but this weekend is my last chance to get out of town before summer's over. Hope to see some of you at the Shake the Shack show (see events listings) on the 26th with my freshly detailed engine
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Tech Day -- Part Two --

I will be there Lord willing. What is the start time and is there anything that I need to bring. I will bring basic tools, I have a welder and small air compressor, ???? Haven't been to a tech day before so not sure what is needed. Let me know. Larry

Last tech day started about 9:00 so I'm guessing that would be a good time. I think we're just doing dual master cylinders so any brake related tools would be good to bring "just in case"...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

I'll be there! But my "shifter hand" is fractured so my mom will be my personal chauffeur for the day. She knows a thing or two about cars and certainly doesn't mind getting her hands dirty, though, so she's more than happy to lend a hand. After all, she taught my how to drive my Falcon!!

See you guys Saturday!

J

Black goo removal

Hi everyone ..... I'm keeping my eye/s on the weather for this coming Saturday ... if possible, I'd like to stop by for a little while to meet with you and check it out. I would want to ride my 63 Futura Conv. which has no top... so the rain is my master...

I heard mention in this thread about the ' black goo ' .. if I'm following correctly, I think you guys are referring to the factory sound/rust proofing material... it is rough to get off the sheet metal ... unless ... you warm it up by running a flame from a propane torch across the top surface. Once you do this, it will come off as effortlessly as peanut butter... it's like night and day compared to scraping it off as is... I ought to know ... I've been a prospector for floorboards in my old Fords for years... I'm still trying to strike it rich someday.

Have a great week folks ................ Brian

Larry, Just bring your hand-tools. You can bring the welder if you want, but we're not likely to use it.

Joanna -- FRACTURED HAND! Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Mom's are always welcomed.

Time- Yeah, 9AM is a good start time. Right Gene?

Brian, Hope you can make it.

To all those that can make it -- looking forward to it. To all that have other plans, hope to see you the next time 'round.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"