Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tech Day -- Part Two -- September 19th

Tech day

Sorry I missed the last meeting but excited for another Tech Day. I will be there at 9 to help in any way I can. Can only stay half a day. See you there.

Directions

I was reminded to post directions to my house, so here goes:

From I-5, take 526 toward Boeing/Mukilteo.

Take 1st exit (Evergreen Way) and go N on Evergreen Way.

Immediately go to Left lane and turn L (W) at 79th (1st Stop Light).

Go 1 block and bear R onto Beverly, but use L turn lane (W) onto Barbara.

At end of Barbara (1 Block) you will be on the E side of a circle. My home is on W side of circle on E side of street.

My address is:
    7923 W. Glen Dr.
    Everett 98203

GoogleMaps.com and mapquest.com both show good maps to my home.

Looking forward to seeing many of you. We had a great time last tech day. 9:00 AM is as good a time as any to start. I'll be out there getting ready before that, I'm sure. Anyone that has a pop-up might want to bring it, as there is a possibility of rain showers. My pop-up will be available.
    Gene
    Last edited by SmithKid; September 15th, 2009 at 07:47 PM. Reason: correction

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Forecast looks like it might get rainy Saturday morning, at least for now. Do we still have access to that tent?

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Oops! Didn't read Gene's reply all the way through. I guess if we only have one tent we could rotate cars. Looks like it's an 80% chance of rain Saturday morning. But you never know!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Pop-Ups

Kenny,
    Yes, my pop-up will be here and available. As requested earlier, anyone that has a pop-up, please bring it.
    Gene

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Yeah, if it is raining too hard tomorrow morning I'll probably leave my wagon at home, since I'm not having anything done to it -- unless someone who is coming needs to see something in it. Gene maybe?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I'll be there but will be late. I hope to be there at around 10:30 AM.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

It was great seeing everyone again. The day was wet but still fun.

We were finally able to wrap up Gene's shaved door kit. That's a neat gadget. It was fun getting four wires in those door looms.

Two cars got new dual circuit master cylinders.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Gene's 2 Cents Worth

I see that Pat has already left a comment regarding out Tech Day today.. I was one of the beneficiaries of today's get together. Several people worked on my shaved door kit: mainly Roger, Pat and Andy. An addition was suggested and implemented by Roger that allows the doors to be opened electrically from the inside using the normal door handles and the remote fob works as advertised. It is a VERY cool modification. I also was one of the ones that got a new dual circuit master cylinder installed in my car. Another was done also. This is a great modification to our cars that the club has recently adopted. The club is supplying the parts needed to modify a car, excluding the master cylinder itself and the brake fluid. What a worthwhile mod! We enjoyed a nice lunch of Pizza & sodas and conducted a mini-meeting on the patio. All in all, a very enjoyable and productive day. Thanks to all who came and either participated or just hung out! I'm looking forward to the next one and hope that I can participate in every Tech Day the club has.
    Gene

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

We got a lot done today! And the rain held off until we were almost done. Good timing!

Did anyone get pictures! I brought my camera but totally forgot. If someone has a few for the newsletter send them my way.

Looking forward to the next one!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Lost Item

I forgot to mention in my previous post, that someone left a very nice water bottle at the Tech Day today. It is a clear bottle with a black top and is full of something that I am assuming is water. Let me know who belongs to it so you can be re-united.
    Gene

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Great day...

Of course I'm a bit late getting to my 'puter to log a post, but I can echo the sentiments already mentioned -- good day getting lots done.

I really like how Gene's doors came out. I was a bit giddy there for a moment and let my inner kid out -- sorry about that guys. That was not supposed to happen in public.

Gene and Joanna got the dual MC swaps, both without a hitch. Of course Gene has yet to test his and Joanna's Mom felt everything was all-good 'cause she got to drive the car with Joanna is a cast of sorts. And Joanna got her e-brake adjusted where the previous "mechanics" said a cable was broken and needed to be replaced (more bucks) and there was nothing but the threaded rod needing to be cleaned and the cables adjusted.

All in all, I think we're all feeling it went well. Thanks for all the help people, and see you all next time, which I think we've all decided will be to assist Gary do his engine swap. This will be over a couple days giving more a chance to come on either day they can.

And the water bottle isn't mine.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"