Thread: LeMay collection tour being planned

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LeMay collection tour being planned

Hi Gang,

Last year at the All Ford Picnic I spoke with Tony Grillo who kindly offered to see if he could arrange a private club tour of the LeMay Collection at the Marymount Academy in Parkland (near Tacoma). If you're not familiar with the LeMay cars, here are a couple of links. One to the museum that is in the works and one to another page that has some good history and photos.

http://lemaymuseum.org/
    http://www.collectorcarbuff.com/category/car-museums/

I've also attached a couple of photos of the gym area I found on the web. This is just a TINY amount of the cars they have on display. Notice the `63 Falcon convertible in the first shot. They also have the lowest mileage Tucker that exists (second photo). They have an annual open house but a private tour would be a much nicer experience.

If you haven't met Tony, he's a really great guy and I'm glad he's now in the area. I met Tony when I was living in Santa Rosa, CA. He has quite a collection of classic cars himself and is working as a car appraiser for a company that deals with the LeMay organization.

So I was going to wait until we had more details but just couldn't. Tony is going to contact LeMay soon and I told him that ideally we would like to do a tour on a Saturday within the next couple of months. Maybe late morning. He said there might be a small fee but it should be well worth it.

I'll post right here when I get more info so stay tuned!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)