Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    This is really looking fantastic. I am so amazed, (don't know why) at your ability to take something and turn it into such a beatiful vehicle in such a short period of time. Congratulations, Badbird,Larry
    Thanks Larry. Same could be said of you, I think. Mine's a 20-footer, and was intended as such, whereas yours is a 1-incher. Flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by Doghows
    Boy you would think that putting 2 fuel filters on there would have stopped all that junk.. Guess I should have just junked that tank??
    Anyway looks awesome as usual. Got the parts from Gene thanks for that, and hope that bed trim is what you need.
    Can't wait to see it out on the road. Toady maybe?? Off to alignment..
    I tried to clean that tank, but it was beyond the capability of the methods supplied to do the job of cleaning out the rust, so it is just coated. We'll see how long it takes before I have to break down and spend the $300 for a new tank. I may add back in a pre-filter filter.

Sent a PM about the parts. I'm going to shoot for a test drive sometime this week, though I really ought to spend an hour, at least, and get some Christmas shopping done. How long does it take to buy gift cards?

I may choose a more local place to get the front-end aligned. Driving it to Renton with unknown alignment may not be wise. I could probably sell-off my "free" front-end alignment I won at the Bowen Skarff car show and apply that to the cost of a more local service.

Then off to Rhino-liners for the bed coating.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Congrats!!!!!!!!

You are almost there...........
    Question is....... what are you going to do with yourself after flarechero is finished?
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I think he is going to start on a sedan delivery? But only if there is a pile of cash in place of where the glove box should be.

Considering I've let just about everything else in my life fall by the wayside, I think I'll have plenty to occupy my time. But I also plan to help a certain other member get another Ranchero done.

Come spring, when the sedan delivery is back from paint, you can set up a cot in the garage, feed me, and I'll spend an entire weekend out in Sequim to move that forward too.

And I also have a lot of "stuff waiting for me to list on ebay, so I think I will be busy.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

If you didn't flaunt your talents so much we wouldn't be requesting your skills.
    Just kidding, it is great to have someone with the talent and the willingness to help out us less talented people. Your contributions to the club, web site and others is greatly appreciated.

Ah shucks. Thanks dude, man.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Maybe this should be my next project. Got the link out of the SCFF chapter newsletter. Heck, he seems to be where I was only a few weeks ago.

Only $20K

http://www.Photobucket.com/1963FalconRanchero
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Hope Gene doesnt get any ideas now.......lol
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Merry Flarechristmas

I got it done in time for Christmas. Whew-hoo! Next week I'll take it down to get the bed liner shot and call it good.

Merry Christmas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; January 10th, 2013 at 03:15 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"