Thread: 24F Battery with Tabs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Did some shopping around today and ending up getting a 24F at Budget Battery on Lake City Way that has the tabs. Their 60 month was $80. Nice guy working there and they get good reviews on Yelp. Only issue so far is the label puts the UGH in Ugly! I peeled it off intact so I can use spray adhesive to put it back on if I ever need to.

Now I need to pull the tray, clean off the acid from the old, leaky battery and repaint.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I drive by that place twice a day, but there's just something about a place called "Budget Batteries" that keeps me driving right on past. Will be interesting to see if you have any issues going forward.

They do sell fake covers for batteries - but they cost almost half as much as a new battery. I agree, some of the labels are pretty ugly in a car you open the hood on.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Since I replaced my old battery with a Costco/Kirkland one that was much smaller I had to secure the new one somehow. After reading the thread and thinking about the tabs I decided to use the tab clamp in a different way. So I did this tonight for under $5. Used Flat Punched 1/16 inch thick and bent it to the proper config, rolling the edges to ensure no random hand damage (cuts, scrapes, etc.) would occur in the future. Better than a bungy cord I guess .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 64SprintV8; January 8th, 2012 at 07:56 PM.

Smile

The tab you made looks great. With the new battery and hold down tab it looks to good for your battery tray.
    Guy

I noticed that in the pictures too. I'll tackle that when I do the engine compartment "clean and shine" project. Maybe when it gets warmer.

In the garage:

1964 Falcon Sprint