Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > General Forums > Show Off Your Ride

Unread 06-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Senior Forum User

Woohoo Gina!
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Paid Chapter Member

More Craziness - The "other" Falcon

So,,,, this brings up a serious question for us. Since we have Gina who owns a Comet, and others that might be included, why can't we change our club acceptance to allow Comets? Is that possible? I know I saw a Falcon/Comet club somewhere on the FCA clubs that I've visited. Roger, you mentioned something just recently about the "years" that would be acceptable? We can start another post if necessary.

Rainier Falcon/Comets. I for one am all for it. Larry

Unread 06-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
So,,,, this brings up a serious question for us. Since we have Gina who owns a Comet, and others that might be included, why can't we change our club acceptance to allow Comets? Is that possible? I know I saw a Falcon/Comet club somewhere on the FCA clubs that I've visited. Roger, you mentioned something just recently about the "years" that would be acceptable? We can start another post if necessary.

Rainier Falcon/Comets. I for one am all for it. Larry
We do. In fact you don't even need to own a Falcon to be a member of the Rainier Falcon Chapter or the Falcon Club of America. Comets are welcome, although they are not eligible to compete in any of the award judging at the National Convention. I'm assuming that would also hold true for the Regional Conventions.

I remember in the minutes published in a distant National Newsletter the officers discussed allowing Comets in the judging and they decided against.

I love Comets, Mustangs and even some cars made by that "other " company... (I'm talking about AMC...)

Jeff Watson
Seattle, WA
'63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Last edited by Jeff W; 06-20-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Here's the verbiage from our by-laws:

ARTICLE 3 - Membership

3.1 Membership in the Rainier Falcons is open to anyone who is interested.
3.2 Ownership of a Falcon automobile is a not a requirement for membership.

But, like Jeff said, when it comes to competing in the Regional or National Conventions, no Comet category. The National Board of Directors would have to OK it to be official and they never have in the past. But, I've been to a few conventions and they usually have a section for close cousins to park and show off.

Kenny Likins
Ballard, Seattle, WA
www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Active Forum User

"The other Falcon"

I just want to say that I don't feel excluded from the club at all, in fact it's quite the opposite. I've been welcomed all along and Roger explained membership to me also. As far as showing the car on the national level I'm not interested in that anyways. If I show up at events such as Golden Gardens, picnics, local shows, it's my understanding you guys won't throw me out(ha-ha).
I'm just pleased beyond words that I have found the car that I will pass on to a special grandchild when I pass on!
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Senior Forum User

Well said Gina, its all about having fun. Sorry I missed the show last weekend got wrapped up in my own little project but my friend Bill saw the car there...
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Active Forum User

Got there to late to enter, but parked by the bathrooms so lots of people saw her. There was a 64 Comet Caliente and a 64 Ranch, lots of other cool cars.
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Chapter President

The problem we have is at a national level and we, being a chapter, have to follow their rules.

The Comet eventually shared the Maverick platform. The interesting thing is that we gladly accept the Ranchero if it's within the right years (common to Falcon) but won't do the same for the Comet if within the right years (common to Falcon). The Ranchero crossbred with more platforms for more years than the Comet ever did.

Anyway, we accept all people.

63 "Flarechero"