Just a note on NOS parts with "rubber attached" (see ball joints, tie rod ends, etc). I just had to replace my front suspension parts - again.

Long story is that about 3 years ago now - give or take - I bought a whole pile of parts from a Craigslist seller who had purchased them for his wagon -- I was going to install most of them onto my Ranchero and the other parts were for a wagon... and hey, I have one of those too. These parts originally came from Falcons Northwest and were high-quality US-made parts (some NOS as best I could tell). The parts I just got do appear lighter and were, in fact, stamped as coming from China. They were also Dorman parts. Even so I had to grind the entire back-side of one lower control arm to get it to pivot past the engine frame mount.

But I'm missing my point... My point is the parts I bought 3 years ago were high quality parts (as would any NOS part you buy today) but rubber deteriorates in the atmosphere over time and may fail - even if they look brand-new when you installed them. Within a year of use every upper and lower ball joint rubber crumbled away to nothing and wouldn't hold grease. I debated getting replacement ball joints, but the cost for these exceeded the entire control arm. Of course I may kick myself later, but so far so good. And beside, there is still the risk the replacements were made overseas.

The moral of the story is that rubber parts may require replacement if you buy NOS parts.

I also agree with Don. Where I work we can say it was "Made in America" as well, which doesn't mean every part was made in America. It's fully assembled in the USA, QC'd in the USA, but many parts are made overseas. And we have found some parts are best kept at home in terms of manufacture.

Also, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil are all in America too... just a different America.