Never able to leave well enough alone (although that makes no sense; because if it was 'well enough' I WOULD leave it alone) I proceeded last week to move my whole engine and transmission rearward 3/4" to improve some clearance issues I was having. I started by pulling the transmission mount and elongating the mount slots only to find the motor mount bolts were all the way back in their holes. DOH! I come to find out that the motor mount angle-plates (between the rubber and the frame supports) can go on either side, and when you reverse them they offset almost an inch where the motor lands. They've been backwards all along. So out come the mounts (that's fun to do with headers on the engine) and swap them around. Headers and everything fits so much better now.

Of course, what you do down-yonder has to be adjusted up-top as well, so I had to make the back part of the hole in the floor longer and clearance some more of my already hacked carpet.

And I thought since I had to pull the console again, which I had shortened to accommodate the T5 shifter location in the first place, I'd improve it a little. I didn't like how I left it. Of course, when I went to reinstall the improved version... that 3/4" made it too close to the shifter and it now needs to get moved back too. Sigh.

And the carpet has now gone through a 4-speed factory shifter (hump in the floor), C4 B&M shifter (hump still in the floor, but not needed, 4-speed hole patched), and now a T5 (hump in the floor, but not needed, lots of holes from C4 install)... with all the patching I've done in the carpet along the way... I may as well pull the hump, patch the floor, and put in new carpet; of the hump-less version. So new carpet is ordered. No miscellaneous patched places in the carpet - and I can probably sell the hump for the same cost as the carpet.

Maybe then I can leave this alone for a while...

...yeah, right.