Thread: Out for a spin.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Day Care Center

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    But Dennis, your daily travels may seem mundane to you, but your writing about them and posting the various pictures of the car parked here and there are great.
    Hello, Roger.

I pass this Day Care Center sometimes when I drive home from work, depending on the route I take, and always enjoy seeing the art work. I made it a point this past Friday to stop and take a picture of it:

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg

My little Falcon continues to run perfectly. The car is so low-slung that I look up at all the traffic around me. Sitting behind that 260 V-8 makes me feel like I am driving a sports car.

I like to think about who the original owners of this car might have been. It was probably a young married couple because of it having an automatic transmission and bench seat. The wife probably wanted something small and practical but sporty. The husband must have had a good income to be willing to spend the extra money to get it in the the fancy Futura trim and with the new small block V-8. They must have thought that they were on top of the world with their new Falcon back in 1963.

It is such a nice little car.
    Last edited by ew1usnr; June 10th, 2017 at 07:31 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)