Well, I took a drive to Burien yesterday and spent a couple hours with Mark who seems to always have a Falcon or two in some stage of assembly or disassembly.

I had just happened onto a CL ad where he was parting out a 65 4-door V8 car. A week earlier I picked up a new set of HD leaf springs, upper and lower control arms, new front springs, and perches, all in a pile of other parts a guy bought for his 65 wagon, and then sold the wagon before he used the parts. He had posted these parts for sale almost two years earlier here on the forum, and I replied, but never followed up due to chaos ruling my life at the time. So, on a whim, I thought I may as well do the entire V8 conversion while-I'm-at-it. (Dang, I hate those words).

Anyway, contacted Mark after seeing his ad and caught him at just the right time - he hadn't sold any of it yet. So I managed to get an 8" V8 rear-end with no signs of leakage, and the entire tight V8 front-end (drum-to-drum), and 4 "aftermarket" Summit rally-style wheels with brand-new (I mean zero miles) 14" tires... all of it for $400. Wheels are kind-of odd, but the tires were a smokin' deal. Maybe I can find some stock 14" 5-lug wheels around here. (hint-hint).

Also picked up a 65 driver side cowl vent that I hope to convert the door on the drivers side to the pull for air version. Woo-hoo!

Well, just sharing the joy....