Thread: Paint ideas?

Paint ideas?

My '60 Tudor is headed off for paint in about another month... and I've been told that the sky is the limit. Boyfriend wanted to paint her green with monster flake (he builds customs... so he's more adventurous with color than I am)! I'm leaning toward satin black and pondering either a tutone roof or painting the body insert. Anybody have any good sites for paint ideas?

oooooo... i've been looking at the gallery here. nice, very nice.
    1960 Tudor Sedan 200ci i6
    1962 Fordor Squire Wagon 170ci i6
    1965 Plymouth Barracuda 225ci s6 (forgive my Mopar)

Paint ideas

I am about ready to paint my 64 futura. Since looking at pictures and/or paint chips doesn't give a real view of what a color will look like you can look at newer cars and find a color you like. They can mix up any color you want. I bought a pint of the color I wanted, sprayed it over two different color primers, pearl mixed into half and metallic mixed in the rest. Tremendous difference in the colors once sprayed. (see the practice fender I painted in the show off your ride section) Lots of ways to decide but a sample sprayed on something large enough to compare is what I'm trying. Depending on the car, the cost, who is painting, where, and other issues your decision will vary.