Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting and Tech Days (7/21/2010)

Meeting and Tech Days (7/21/2010)

Just had a member call me asking if we're having a meeting tonight. No, there is no meeting tonight. I will always send a mass-email if there is a meeting.

I won't be able to make this month or next month - for sure. I think the first opportunity I'll have again to hold a meeting is September (I hope).

That said, there's nothing keeping the rest of you from meeting and keeping things afloat. Don't let my life-problems keep the rest of you from moving forward with things. I'm just in the midst of an immense project at the moment with an impossible deadline with programmers calling and emailing me 24/7 -- and my mind isn't thinking Falcons at the moment.

That isn't to say I won't try and make a tech day if you have one. Oddly, I don't consider that something that requires much thinking, like planning for a meetings and tech days do. I may have to step aside and answer an email once an hour if you have one, but that's doable.

It appears, also, that something didn't happen in the last push for having a tech day this month at Dalton and Bob's place. I'm sure the ball was dropped on my part for not continually pushing for it and making sure everyone was on the same page. It was supposed to be this weekend, but Dalton didn't hear from anyone, so his plans changed. Please try and arrange something up there and take advantage of the offer Dalton and Bob made to the club. You don't often get the chance to lift your car up and stand underneath it!

Thanks for your understanding folks.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Sorry to hear (read) about the cancellation at Dalton and Bob's...... Guess I'll use the time I had scheduled for that to work on my own car. I'm in the middle of the heater box rebuild, and then will probably attempt to get my dash re-assembled. I'm getting pretty close to getting the car back out of the garage for some driving and really looking forward to it!!!!!!

Now for my Tom Sawyer bit....... Anyone else that was planning to go to Dalton and Bob's place is certainly welcome to come by my place for som QUALITY Falcon time. I think I could even manage to scare up some lunch and refreshments. Let me know.

Gene

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I feel pretty bad the tech-day got messed up, but thanks Gene for offering to have people over. I hope some people take you up on your kind offer.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Daltons

I was trying to figure out when Daltons tech day was happening.........
    Gene.... just say when you want to do this.
    Roger...... sorry you are so slammed at work, I can relate.
    Everything will work itself out
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

So I was hoping to try to schedule another tech day at my house on Saturday September 25th. The offer of using the hydraulic lift stands. The shop has enough indoor room to work on three cars and is equipped with basic metal fabrication tools. I live in Arlington which is 30 minutes north of the Everret boeing plant. It would be nice if people could let me know if they are attending that way I could plan for the amount of food needed.
    1964 Futura: 4-Door Sedan (Bench)
    Paint Color: Wimbledon White
    Engine:170 six(101hp)
    Build Plant: Kansas City, Ks
    DSO: Hawaii
    Build Date:Jul 17, 1964

I'll be there

I'll come by during my break.......... Dont have to worry bout feeding me.
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Talking Tech Day

Dalton, count me in of course as I wouldn't miss a chance on your lift. When we get a head count let me know and I will figure out some chow to bring. Thanks for doing this, I love Tech Days!
    Bill
    Bill Williams

'65 Ford Falcon

Sadly I'll be attending a trade-show the week leading up to that weekend, flying back that day, so I probably won't be able to attend unless they can drop me out of the plane above Smoky Point. But by all means move forward and make this happen. Jerry should try to get his car up there if he can. Maybe someone can help towards that if he can make it.

Sorry I've been absent. Just got back from a much needed, but way too short vacation. Have been back to work only a couple days and it feels like I never left. I'll be glad when this show is behind me.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"