Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paint party

Paint party

So if you read my thread reconstruction has begun you'll know I am now painting the car myself, so I will be seething up a painting party. I need to evaluate what needs done and maybe get a second opinion before the color starts to fly but anyone that wants to help or even just for moral support is welcome.. Food and drink will be supplied and I have p,entry of little project that need done as well.. I am tire of waiting and want to get this car out this year.. Date and times to follow but let me know if you want to come out..
    By the way I do live over in Sequim... Thanks Steve.

Count me in.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Thanks Patrick I am picking it up tonight. I think the hood, fenders, doors, and tailgate are ready for paint. All the jams are done, roof done, rear quarters need a little love still, but very close...
    Ill see what stuff I need but enough is enough.. Hell I might even toss in ferry fees or HUGE discounts on powder coating...

Steve, when do you think it will be paint day, this weekend and next are not good for me. birthday on fathers day. maybe we should go kenmore air and you could pick us up at the beach....jh

I could hitch a ride with Pat if the date's good for me.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Steve,

Also keep in mind that this will likely be a multi-day job. There will probably be two to three days depending on what's already done.

The best way to do this would be without interior, engine, tranny, and all glass. Pull the fenders, doors, hood and tailgate.

Paint the engine bay, interior, underside of hood, inside of doors and tailgate, and all jams on day one. Apply clear to same and wait for the clear to harden overnight to install. Then mask and paint the rest on day two.

Is the paint metallic or solid? That will dictate how things get painted. Solid colors are easier since you don't have to hang the panels on the car for day two.
    Patrick Brown

I can't do anything until i get my SAAB back together. Maybe we need a SAAB tech day.
    Patrick Brown

DOOOO WHAT????

Ok car is home. Here is the skinny. Engine bay is done painted and ready to go. Car has no interior no glass and all panel are off the car and ready for paint. Roof is ready for paint. Rear quarters need a little love. Might need to prime there again.
    Paint is a metallic base coat clear. Ill try and get some pics up by Monday at the latest. I think she's ready to jam unless the quarters should be done first. I think we are a couple weekends away this one I will get me list in order and pick up supplies. Ill keep everyone posted and plan ahead so anyone that want can make it over. Thanks everyone.

Get any last minute body work done before any painting is done.

What brand of paint? PPG, Dupont, Omni?
    Patrick Brown

Not sure yet. The paint shop is suppose to have it for me on Monday or Tuesday but ill let you know.

If the date works out, count me in too!
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

I'll do my best to attend as well, but it will be mostly a learning thing for me as I've only painted single-stage stuff all my life. I like to learn though.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"