Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gene reminded me today (uh, yesterday...) I neglected to indicate whether I resolved the carburetor issue of not. I'm happy to say, after a week of sitting, it fired right up. That's never happened. Still have to give it a shake down run, but since I did the Shelby drop - and upgraded to Mustang shocks and shock tower caps - I only have a couple inches of travel and I recently read they make shorter shock to account for this. Wish I know'd earlier. Investigating that this week. Otherwise, it all back as one again.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Gene reminded me today (uh, yesterday...) I neglected to indicate whether I resolved the carburetor issue of not. I'm happy to say, after a week of sitting, it fired right up. That's never happened. Still have to give it a shake down run, but since I did the Shelby drop - and upgraded to Mustang shocks and shock tower caps - I only have a couple inches of travel and I recently read they make shorter shock to account for this. Wish I know'd earlier. Investigating that this week. Otherwise, it all back as one again.
    Let us know what you find on shorter shocks. I'm in the same boat.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown View Post
    Let us know what you find on shorter shocks. I'm in the same boat.
    Have been a bit distracted, so have not looked very hard. I'll certainly indicate what I find, but lacking them I'm already planning to make some stand-off's and get some longer bolts to raise the upper shock support, since it is the Mustang style. The Falcon upper shock mount would be much harder to extend.

I did read about the wedge "potential" and that the problem was worse on some drops that went further than the 1" typical with the Falcon (what I did). I meant to look at the angles of the upper ball joint after it was on the ground and just haven't yet. I know I have the remove the rebound bumper as well, so I'll have a look before I jack it up to do that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"