Thread: Rear sway bar

Rear sway bar

Is anyone here using a rear sway bar on their round Body? If so could you please post pictures of the mounting?
    I did find this article for a 65 mustang, http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-t...all-sway-bars/

should be the same?.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Bill Pierce; September 17th, 2016 at 09:03 AM.

I've done a heavy sway bar up front on my wagon, but can't recall if I did it on the Ranchero (it got so much new stuff I can't recall all it got off the top of my head). It looks very similar to the setup seen on your link. You'd expect a wagon to be very squirrely and mine was with the stock front bar. Adding the 1 1/8" bar in front totally tamed the wagon. It lays very flat on sharp curves since adding this bar.

The Mustang, up front, is wider than a Falcon by about an inch or so, but not sure what it is out back. Regardless, I think - unless the bars intersect the frame (which I doubt will happen) - if the frame on the mustang is a bit wider by 1/2" on each side than a Falcon, you'd just need to get a longer bolt and add a 1/2" spacer on each side to shim everything to the width of said Mustang.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Thanks Roger

I seem to recall the suspension place I got my 1 1/8" front sway bar also made a rear sway for falcon. The front sway bar upgrade was worth the money like Roger said.

I'll try to find the web sight

1965 Hardtop, 289, Top loader, Torino power disk brakes, Tilt steering, 2 speed int wipers

Mike Spears

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoofalcon View Post
    I
    I'll try to find the web sight
    Thanks. I will be up sizing the front too.

Not sure what they have for round body but they do have a rear for my 65. I got my front sway bar and some other front end bushings from these guys

http://p-s-t.com/

1965 Hardtop, 289, Top loader, Torino power disk brakes, Tilt steering, 2 speed int wipers

Mike Spears