Thread: Intro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Intro

I thought I did an intro when I first joined, but it looks like I didnt. I have a '67 2 dr. I am from Surrey BC. I have a bunch of other cars too ( some are even GASP! Chevies!!!!)but thats the only Falcon right now.
    Just thought I should update this, bought 2 '65 futura project cars a while back, one is a factory 4 speed car with 4 piston KH front discs, the other is backhalved. '67 is getting a 4v Cleveland and aod.
    Last edited by falcongeorge; August 30th, 2017 at 09:27 PM.

"Other" cars.

Quote Originally Posted by falcongeorge View Post
    I have a bunch of other cars too ( some are even GASP! Chevies!!!!
    Hello, Falcon George.

What are all the other cars that you have?

One of the nice things about Falcons is that, for the most part, repair parts are easily available. That is not true for other old cars. I was interested at one point in a Hudson Super-Wasp, but gave up the idea when I researched parts availability and found that there is none. That is a whole different level of hobby to keep those cars running. A 1950 Ford with a flat head V-8 would be cool to have. If I had an eight-car garage I could think of several cars to get. Maybe even a Falcon station wagon! A Willys Aero-Falcon would be fun.

Willys-Aero-Falcon[1].jpg

Willys-engines[1].jpg

Dennis.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

I like the statement they make 'a surprising lack of engine vibration' which leads me to believe engines back then must have vibrated like crazy!

FG - most of us hard-core Ford guys (says the guy who now drives a KIA) always joke about Fords being the 'real mechanic's car' since Chebbies have 10+ times the number of parts available to the buyer. Us Ford guys have to find some NOS or ultra-rare part to get our cars on the road. Perhaps a slight exaggeration, but only slight.

Indeed, don't be shy - tell us about your stable of cars. We like cars.

Dennis, that Aero-Falcon still reminds me so much of my Dad's old '53 Plymouth Cranbrook. He wanted me so much to take that car home with me about 15 years ago (from Sacramento to Seattle). As much as I'd have loved to do it for him, all I could think about was the amount of work it needed and the number of Black Widow spiders I'd be hauling up the coast.

4349711941_06f85f7f72.jpg
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by ew1usnr View Post
    Hello, Falcon George.

What are all the other cars that you have?

One of the nice things about Falcons is that, for the most part, repair parts are easily available. That is not true for other old cars. I was interested at one point in a Hudson Super-Wasp, but gave up the idea when I researched parts availability and found that there is none. That is a whole different level of hobby to keep those cars running. A 1950 Ford with a flat head V-8 would be cool to have. If I had an eight-car garage I could think of several cars to get. Maybe even a Falcon station wagon! A Willys Aero-Falcon would be fun.

Willys-Aero-Falcon[1].jpg

Willys-engines[1].jpg

Dennis.
    Ok, brace yourselves.
    Steel '23 t-bucket with a hilborn injected 327, currently working on this to try to have it ready for Deuce Days 2019
    '39 Ford convertible with a 324 olds rocket, 4x2, side-shift cad lasalle trans mated with the torque-tube/banjo rear
    '26 T sedan, fake 270hp 283 and T10 trans
    S10 with a 355/700r4
    '66 Chevy II wagon, kind of hanging in limbo right now.

Quote Originally Posted by falcongeorge View Post
    ( some are even GASP! Chevies!!!!)
    My dad and I were at a Ford show last weekend and both commented how we'd like to buy a Chevy just so we could throw a Ford motor and tranny in it and buck the trend of everyone putting GM motors in Ford hot rods.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Years ago, the 302 & C-4 out of my '69 Ranchero went into a chebby LUV. I LUVed that almost as much as the 390-GT that went into my Ranchero!
    Last edited by SmithKid; August 31st, 2017 at 09:35 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    Years ago, the 302 & C-4 out of my '69 Ranchero went into a chebby LUV. I LUVed that almost as much as the 390-GT that went into my Ranchero!
    "The engine doesn't know what names on the fender" a quote from none other than Bob Glidden, when he was asked about the transition to his LA Mopar.