Thread: 1963 falcon

1963 falcon

I have a 63 2door post that is in need of lots of parts.i really need to know if anybody know where to get full frame rails for my car.

Are you talking the parts that are spot-welded to the floor pans, or sub-frame connectors to connect the front frame rails to the rear frame rails? Falcons don't really have frames, per se, being a unibody car (some call it unit body, since the body and the frame rails that do exist are one unit), so it's not clear whether you are needing to replace some rusted-out parts or not. If you have rusted out parts, I'm not sure these are available in the after-market. You're going to have to keep your eyes out for another car to scavenge from, or someone who's parting one out.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

no i need to fint full frame rails. i herd of a company before that makes them out of 2x3 tubing and they go from front to rear.

Patrick has a set on his `62 and I think he got them from a company called Global West. I would google that and see what you get. He seemed pretty happy with the fit and quality.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I think you are looking for art morrison they make frames and anything you want.they are in fife,wa.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon cobra View Post
    I think you are looking for art morrison they make frames and anything you want.they are in fife,wa.
    I know of the Art Morrison stuff. They ahve a complete rolling chassis that retrofits uni-body cars to full frame cars. It requires that alll the sheet metal be removed from between the rockers and tabs welded on. Careful measurements must be gathers from the car. These are all one-off items and are big dollars.

I have the Global West sub-frame connectors on my 62. They fit well and noticilly tightened up the chassis. These weld in between the front and rear factory frame rails.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI