Thread: window regulator

window regulator

Need a left side (drivers side) window regulator for my 1965 Falcon HDTP Futura. My understanding is that the regulator for the sedan, 4 dr or wagon will not fit the hardtop. Anyone out there know were to get one??
    Would highly prefer new as used might not be a whole lot better than I already have. I tried Dearborne but they say they are not made any longer. Need as soon as possible to finish doors and glass before installing interior. I would like to get on the road before August and the Salem run. HELP

Jerry Kirby

Jerry....I have one from when I did my convertible....I also had one bad side but it was the passenger side and since I got them as a pair I now have it extra. My car is a convertible but I believe they are the same as a hardtop? Best I can tell it works fine....and the price is right....FREE.
    At this point I'm planning to go up to the All ford Picnic and would be happy to bring it up with me....or if you would like to get it sooner I live in Buckley....near Wally's Drive In off of HWY 410. I'm not sure where you live.....
    Just let me know what you would like to do.

Hal

window regulator

Hal,
    >
    >
    >
    > I would be more than happy to drive over and get the regulator. Let me
    > know your address and a time that would be convenient for you. I live
    > in Spanaway and am somewhat familiar with the Buckley area. I am
    > retired so most anytime would be good. Thank you so much.
    >
    Jerry

Jerry....let me figure out how to PM you with my address.

Hal

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Cogburn View Post
    Jerry....let me figure out how to PM you with my address.

Hal
    Click on Jerry's name in the message header. You'll see several options there.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Jerry...if I did it right you should have a PM from me including directions to my house...

Hal

Jerry....did the regulator work OK? It worked on the convertible so I sure hope it does on the hardtop.

Hal

Hal,

That darn thing works so well I thought I had a power window. Thanks a lot. As a side note the problem with mine was the spring. So later on when I have nothing else to do I will clean up the old spring, lube it up good with that fine Ford white grease and put it back in. Then I should have an operating driver's side regulator if anyone else needs one. What goes around comes around. Thanks again.

Jerry