Thread: FINALLY, after 18 YEARS !!!

Talking FINALLY, after 18 YEARS !!!

Well. FINALLY after a VERYYYY long 18 YEAR absence , I am once again a FORD FALCON OWNER !!! I have our very own member, boxstr, to Thank for this as HE was the one to find it and tune me into it. I went down to Albany, Oregon on March 29, 2008 to pay it off and bring her HOME. Here is the story of THAT trip. {I copied this from another site where I already posted about it}

I drove to Albany, Oregon on April 29th with a buddy and 2 of my daughters. Spent a bit of time with the previous owner and loaded up some extra parts he added to the deal {brand new Hooker headers, front disk brake swap parts and the original bumper which just needs cleaning up and re-chroming} and started back {4 1/2 hr trip one way}. After running into a nasty jack-knife type accident and some other type stuff, we hit Seattle. This is where we hit a FREAK SNOW STORM !!! Flakes as big as 50 cent pieces and wet ! Needless to say the last 35-40 miles of the trip BLEW. To top it all off, 8 miles from home, the Falcon ran out of gas {gas gage will only read 1/2 when full} in the middle of a jam packed freeway and in the middle of a freak snow storm. After getting the Falcon off the road, running to a gas station, filling up a 5 gal. gas can, re-fueling the Falcon and getting the rest of the way home, the trip had taken about 9 hours or so. Man, was I beat. About an hour after getting home, I went outside to snap a few pics for the memory book. A bunch of the snow had melted off due to the temp and the misting type rain that had started up but you can get the drift from the pics.

I've driven the Falcon to work 3 days this past week and it ran like a top. It also received a ton of compliments from my co-workers, neighbors and strangers alike. Regards, Jon

Congrats Jon!!

Sounds like you had quite an adventure getting your new Falcon home! I think I remember that "snow storm". Now the fun begins. Getting it to fit you like a glove. I drive my `62 everyday to work and wouldn't have it any other way.

Very nice looking ride. Hope to see you at a few shows this summer!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Jon,

Just saw this on Craigslist. You may be interested:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/639392874.html
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"