Thread: holly 2 barrel on a 200 six

holly 2 barrel on a 200 six

i have resentley installed a holly 2 barrel on my 200 six and im having some problems with geting it runing right. i would like to know if any one has done this befor and if so what jets did you use and what power valve. thanks any info will help

so i gess im going where no man has gon befor!

Don't know if this is the same carb talked about in the Ford Six Performance forum, but they've got a whole string devoted to the Holley/Weber 2-bbl on a 200:
    http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.p...3beb6e907a014f
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Kenny has a Weber DCOE 32/36 progressive on his 200. The Holley is a different animal. It would help to know how it's running now. Rich? Lean? What do the plug say? A wide bank O2 meter would be really helpful.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

it was runing rich wen i first put it on the carb cam of a roundy round car. so i put #47 jets in and the car ran fine in the shop but driving it fell on its face till it was at about 4000 rpms im thinking about going with # 52 jets.

Hi Guys,

Mello has the carb and adaptor from my old 170. I'm surprised it was too rich for your pumped up 200 - seem's like it was burning the plugs clean when I had it on, but too much accelerator pump action when I hit the gas at lower speeds. I was playing with the accel. pump rod adjustment when I came across the later 200 and dropped it in (and couldn't use the earlier adaptor anymore)

I'd suggest getting it to run where the plugs look right, and then play with the accelerator pump rod, bending to shorten/lengthen the stroke,so that it doesen't hesitate like you're saying (FYI for everyone else; The external pump rod was missing when I got the carb so I made my own for it, but had nothing to measure it against to get the exact factory length) I can't remember what jets were in it when I gave it to you, but they had been drilled out to a larger size.

PS - I believe that is a Motorcraft 2100 or 2150 - it's the smaller of the two two barrel carbs offered then, off a Mustang II V-6.
    Last edited by Sedanman; January 30th, 2008 at 07:29 PM.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

What year 200 are you running Mello?
    Anything pre 67 had a spark control valve. which was part of the one barrel carb. The SCV worked in conjuntion with the distributor..

You would have to change both to get the perfomance gain from a larger carb...

Nathan

well my 200 is a 69. and yes sedanman i did run the carb that i got from you for about a year or so then i got my hands on this holly so im playing with the holly. if i cant get the holly to work ill put the motor craft carb back on.

so i pick up some new jets and a diferent power valve so if i find time this week end ill see what happens so ill let you guys know

Year ago I had a '65 4dr. with a 200 and I installed a progressive 2 bbl. ran excellent awesome top end power. But there was one issue I had with mine, Mind you I drive pretty spirited. The car would die after making hard right turns and through all my tuning was unable to fix this concern without going into float bowl mods and spring loaded seats. I know this is not a answer to your question but i thought i might as well share my experiences in case anyone was thinking about doing this.
    Your current state of mind to fix your current problem is not the same as it was when you created it.