Thread: Oil Pan Wont Fit

Oil Pan Wont Fit

I'm putting a 200ci from a 78 Fairmount into my 64 Falcon Futura and the oil pan hits the center link. Does anybody have any recommendations on what oil pan to use.
    1964 Futura: 4-Door Sedan (Bench)
    Paint Color: Wimbledon White
    Engine:170 six(101hp)
    Build Plant: Kansas City, Ks
    DSO: Hawaii
    Build Date:Jul 17, 1964

You need to find an early L6 pan. The pan you have is the dual sump style. You need the front sump type. What happened to your old engine? Use that pan if you have it.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Hmm i'll be looking for one because I sold my old engine.

Maybe Steve has one from his recent swap? These pans should be around with as many engines people have swapped lately.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hey Dalton,

If you don't find one, I have one you can have for free. It's in the recycling pile at work and is in good shape.

The only reason I replaced it was that I always had a tough time getting the drain plug to seal. I did finally find some washers that have rubber around the center hole that worked really well though. I may even have a couple of these washers leftover if you want them. When I rebuilt my current 200 I found another pan in good shape so I went ahead and just used it.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks but it looks like I found the right pan from my neighbor. Is the oil pan that I have not a very common one? It seems like any other pan out there would fit.

The pan design changed in 74 with the addition of the Mustang II and the later in 79 with the Fox body chassis. Fitting engines from cars newer than 74 this require finding pans from pre-74 cars. The same rules apply to the V8 guys.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I feel the pan pain. Just went through it with the 302 swap. Glad you got it worked out. Now get it running for the mini regional we need a good showing!!!...
    P.S. anybody have a spare weekend and want to help work on a van?? Still need to do the brakes and fix the shift linkage and I only have three weekends left....

Well it turns out my neighbor didn't have an oil pan so I am looking for another one. Kenny does that offer still stand? If not no big deal I'm willing to buy one.

It's all yours. I'll bring it home today. Let me know when or how you want to get it.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Ok thanks so much, I'll let you know when I can come get it.