Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Window Decals ready to go!

Window Decals ready to go!

Hey guys,

We now have it in our budget to order some window decals so I'm finalizing the artwork and am in touch with the printer. I should send the file in a day or 2 and then probably a couple of weeks before we have them.

Below is what they will look like. It will be 2.5" wide and applies on the inside of the window. It will be a permanent adhesive so you'll have to scrape it off with a razor to remove. It will have a white background and be in full color, just like the rendering below.

We have enough in the budget for 100 right now. One will be distributed to each current member for no charge and one will be included with each future new membership. If you need a new one because yours was damaged or want an additional for your other rides, they will be available for $5 each. They can also be purchased by anyone with an interest from our website and at meetings/club events.

I'll let you know when they arrive!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Nice Work

Nice work Kenny.

They look great
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Put me down for 3 extras..
    i'll tell the wife to put the money into paypal and get it it sent to you..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Very cool Kenny - Thanks for doing that!

I assume there is a one time setup fee, so future orders will be cheaper? What's the next order quantity break and how much more would be needed to order that many? You can PM me if you don't want to post that here.

Thanks again!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Very cool Kenny - Thanks for doing that!

I assume there is a one time setup fee, so future orders will be cheaper? What's the next order quantity break and how much more would be needed to order that many? You can PM me if you don't want to post that here.

Thanks again!
    With the new digital technology and disposable printing plates, there aren't really one time set-up charges anymore. Or at least the time difference between a new job and a standing job is so small most shops just absorb the cost to get a leg on the competition. That's what we did when we went direct-to-plate at the print shop I used to work at and that was a few years ago.

And there isn't a price break until you hit 1,000 (flexography presses run pretty fast) and it would only be a few cents per sticker. I'd hate to be sitting on 1,000 stickers with $2,000 or so invested.

In other words...we're small potatoes

These aren't the cheapest decals around but I'm really impressed with the ones they did for the Sonoma County Falcons. Nearly 10 years on my rear window and it still looks good. And I don't got no fancy garage

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks Kenny,

Look forward to getting mine.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289 View Post
    Put me down for 3 extras..
    i'll tell the wife to put the money into paypal and get it it sent to you..

Nathan
    Almost forgot to say hang on to the money until the decals arrive. We'll get a Paypal link all set up and it will be less confusing that way.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Not a problem.. I spent my decal money on another carb...and then some
    But the waogn runs now...

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Had to do some fiddling around with the file but I finally have one that works for the printer. And I learned a lot about Adobe Illustrator.

The price is better than I estimated at first. $114.50, including tax and postage, will produce 100 2.5" wide adhesive (front) stickers for interior application. I originally thought it would be more like $220. So...do we hang on to the money or buy more decals???

I'd like to get back to them soon so if you have an opinion, let me know by Sunday, 5/10.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

My opinion, stick with 100. As you said before, we can always buy more since we don't get a qty discount, we would just be out the additional postage for a second batch... it would also give you a chance to "tweek" anything you didn't like on the original batch.

ditto what jeff said..
    put the money back into the account for another event or whatever later

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

I agree with Jeff and Nathan.... though a sticker isn't as risky a setup as the shirt and jacket was I messed up. You just never know until you see one.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"