Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Ford Falcon Engine Ever???

There is a guy down in the portland area that parts out mavericks and comets..

Search portland craigslist.
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Best Ford Falcon Engine Ever???

Dan, I went with the Ididit chromed tilt column with a smaller steering wheel that is chromed on the forward side and leather on the aft side. It has a banjo look to it. I don't know if the manual rack is better or not since I don't have that. But, from what I have heard I would probably go that way on hearing from others. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Update June 2016

Well its been a journey to say the least with the cars. We ended up purchasing a 63 nova for my wife and the ifs and 4 link rear are being installed in it.

I did find a very nicely built 302 with a borg warner t-5 transmission on craigslist and am going through it right now preparing to put it into the Falcon.

I know a few of you have done this type of install so is there any advice you can give?

I know badbird mentioned that he put in a t-10. Will mine fit with little modification?

Lots more questions but I will try and keep the thread specific and having said that I am hoping to get to the mini regional this Saturday. I'm sure there will be a ton of good ideas to see in person and take pics.

Dan

Your the best

Thanks so much for the heads up and I know Roger had previously passed along some great advice as well. Thanks again and hopefully by the end of summer I'll have pics to post.

Dan

I missed this thread continuing back in September because that's when I traveled on two back-to-back road trips for work. Sorry, but I see now you asked me a question I didn't answer regarding the finding of a rear end. I was fortunate to find a '65 Falcon V8 car I stripped of its entire front suspension, 8" rear-end, and wheels/tires (new white-walls with zero miles on them). All of that is now in my '63 Ranchero. I upgraded a little while back to a TractionLoc diff from a reputable eBay reseller I had heard about. All documented in my Crazy Ranchero thread. Where to find one now requires looking, looking, looking. They're out there.

As for a 302/T5 install, I've not done one. One I'd love to do to the Ranchero because I'm not a fan of the C4 I have in it now. It needs OD bad.

There is plenty of room for a T5 in your Falcon. I do know that on the T5 in a Falcon most everyone says to use the Chevy S10 tailshaft to move the shifter forward. Otherwise it sort of comes up between the seats on a Falcon, which would be an uncomfortable shift location. Also, we did a hydraulic clutch - and if I had it to do over I might have pushed for cable clutch instead. Getting the clutch master and slave (internal throw-out bearing style) setup was rightly a pain to do. Works well, but fluid seems to be leaving the reservoir on a regular basis, with no sign at all of where it's going... that we can see anyway.

Looking forward to signs of progress. Not many active projects here these days for us to drool over.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; September 28th, 2016 at 04:40 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"