Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: `62 winter projects

Well, the MC bar is a done deal and on it's way to Steve for powder coating. Hopefully the curve won't allow too much flexing. I've got to believe it's way better than nothing at all. And I do have a belly bar already.

I'm guessing that changing the strut rod bushings might require a front end alignment? If so, I may hold off on that until I do the front disk brakes, Shelby drop and a few other suspension upgrades.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

So does this sway bar kit look like it would work on a Falcon? It's titled "Mustang 1965-66 Grab-A-Trak Front Sway Bar Kit". And made in the USA to boot!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111197863960
    Last edited by redfalken; November 7th, 2013 at 06:40 PM.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Kenny it looks just like the one I just put on thedelivery but they don't have any measurement specs. I'd send the seller an email and ask them.
    Can powder coat those too. Just sayin?
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    So does this sway bar kit look like it would work on a Falcon? It's titled "Mustang 1965-66 Grab-A-Trak Front Swat Bar Kit". And made in the USA to boot!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111197863960
    That is the exact same one I have and it fit fine.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I was under the impression from Jay Baker (who had a Mustang sway bar he was selling) that the Mustang bar was too wide for the Falcon (drag link is, for instance).

But you can't argue with experience.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I have a Mustang sway bar (1") on my '65.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I think I'll end up giving the Grab-a-Trak a try. I couldn't find a website for the manufacturer but I emailed Mustangs Plus to see if they had any feedback on the fit. Hope I get a reply tomorrow.

If you search through TFFN, there are so many conflicting opinions. Some say they're running this exact sway bar on a `62 and they fit fine, some say they stress the end links, and some say they won't fit and suggest the Falcon Enterprise bar that says it's for the Falcon.

I'll post back when I find out for sure. Pat - I'll call this weekend and see how it fits in yours.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    I was under the impression from Jay Baker (who had a Mustang sway bar he was selling) that the Mustang bar was too wide for the Falcon (drag link is, for instance).

But you can't argue with experience.

What Jay bought was very different than what Kenny found on eBay. Jay's was one of the uber high tech racing versions with adjustable end links. I can see why it didn't fit.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Front suspension

Hello, Kenny.

Check out this article on the difference between a 1962 and a 1965 Ford Falcon front suspension. Interesting stuff.

See: http://www.cometeastcarclub.org/PDFs...ingUpgrade.pdf

Nicely done article. It's great that someone took all the time to put it together. It says the comparison is between the `63-64 and the `65. I'd have to go crawl under the car to see if my `62 is different.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

'65 bits install on all years (60-65) as far as I know. I have 65 V8 parts in the Ranchero. The 63/64 years were the first in a Falcon with a v8 and they did a different front end on these than the 65, which got more the Mustang style.

Falconparts.com do a good write-up too on this and suggest to do a full updaye to 65 parts - since the 63/64 are all but impossible to find for one, and expensive if you do.

http://www.falconparts.com/ford-falc...ersion-d19.htm
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"