Thread: Anybody near Lake City/Northgate can supervise my reassembly after clutch job?

Anybody near Lake City/Northgate can supervise my reassembly after clutch job?

Though I've built two Falcons, built half of two others, owned 10 or more Falcons, I'm kinda' thinking it may be good to have somebody looking over my shoulder when I finish the final reassembly of my Falcon. I have a Maverick 200 ci inline six with the big heavy top loader 3 speed manual transmission behind it.

Even talking on the phone should help, I just have questions about stuff, like (as an example, not really asking here) "should the fingers on the pressure plate be so stiff I can't dress them with my hands?" or stuff like that.

While I've done much work with Falcons, I never did clutch jobs and don't want to reassemble anything wrong, or get something out of place even by a smidge, and then have the whole shebang fall apart on me somewhere in Arizona or something (I drive my Falcons across the USA all the time).

In return I could help you with your project some day.

I'm nearly done, the clutch and pressure plate are installed, all I need to do is bolt on the bell housing, get the transmission in, hook up the starter motor, bolt the park brake linkages and shifter back in place, install drive shaft, and drive the thing.

I live in Lake City about 4 miles from downtown Seattle, a couple miles from Greenlake, about a mile from Northgate Mall.

If you're up for it, send me a message and I'll send you my phone number. Thanks!
    Last edited by Wilbur; September 13th, 2014 at 09:16 PM.

Wilbur - On occasion I drive through Lake City on my way home, though that just depends. You're always welcome to PM me and I'll do what I can, if I can.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"