Thread: Help wanted

Help wanted

:I am looking for a person or shop that would be willing to finish up my project car. ('65 Futura hardtop) Would have to be someone familiar with all aspects of older Fords. The people that were doing the majority of the work on the car have become unreliable. I would like to drive it sometime in my lifetime. The car is about 75% completed. The paint and body work are done. Brakes, fuel lines are all plumbed in. Motor is in and running. Tranny and rear end rebuilt and installed. Mostly it needs the finish work done. Side windows put in, new gaskets all around, door handles and locks, bumpers and grille put back on etc. plus lots of tweaking. I would appreciate any advise or help I can get. Anyone out there have any thoughts positive or otherwise.

Jerry Kirby:

Hi Jerry,

Sounds like you're almost there! I've always been a DIY guy, mostly because I'm cheap but I also enjoy it. Or at least MOST of it.

Sorry I can't give any advice on who to take it to. It sounds like mostly auto body work (as opposed to a mechanic) and it's pretty hard to find shops these days to work on old cars. And finding someone to come in part way through the process could make it harder.

Where are you located? Here's someone on craigslist:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/aos/392525402.html

I don't know anything about him. Let us know if you do find someone to help out. A frequent question I get is from people trying to find a good shop to work on their Falcon. I wish I had more time to help but maybe someone else out there will live nearby and can take a look at what you have left to do.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

63vert Guest
    Jerry-
    I think you are closer than 75% done. Your car looks fabulous now! But I know the work takes time and extra hands.
    I drove down to Jerry’s last weekend, and it is only an hour south. I can go down again almost any weekend after September with two hands to help out (or at least not get in the way too much). My car is nowhere near Jerry’s but someday I will have windows to put back in, trim to mount, etc., so it would be a great learning opportunity for me.
    If others in the Seattle area would like to go down, as a group, I would be happy to drive…
    PS: I looked at my windshield trim, and the bottom piece is under the “A” column pieces…I can send you a picture if you’d like. I will also be updating my “gas tank” saga soon.

Thanks Lawrence,

I would appreciate any help I could get. Right now we are finishing up wiring and Lokar throttle and linkage. I took Patricks advise on the Lokar and it's a bit expensive but worth every penny. I will be gone for a week but when I get back I want to put in the intermitent washer/wiper. The next big project after that will be re-gasketing the windows, doors etc.. I have beer, soda and a BBQ so anyone that wants to take a trip south won't go hungry or thirsty.

Jerry K.

Senior citizen Guest
    Jerry
    I am retired, live in Kent and am usually free to help. I have had a lot of experience taking things apart and I am sorry to say, a little less at putting things back together. I would be happy to help. Just name a time. Upon Saying that I will be gone to the Oregon coast for a couple of weeks in Sept. Promissed to the other half.
    Dan Parris