Thread: Gave my bird some new rear shoes and a ?

Gave my bird some new rear shoes and a ?

Since it was such a nice day today {Sat}, a buddy and I gave my Falcon new rear brakes as there was a pretty nasty grinding sound coming from back there. He did most of the actual brake work as I've never done a brake job before. I did watch pretty close and paid attention so something was learned.
    A different problem is that my car pulls fairly hard to the right {in the front} when braking. It has manual drums all the way around. Any ideas ? We're going to pull the front tires off tomorrow and take a look. Jon

Also got my FCA membership packet in the mail today. Neat stuff in there. J.
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe

i suggest putting self adjusters in. they are awesome in my opinion. good luck figuring it out!
    63 ford ranchero. rebuilt 68 200 rebuilt c4 electronic ignition intermittent wipers

Jon,

Was it pulling before or after the brake work was done?

Did you look at the fronts today?

Oddly, rear brakes can make it feel like it's pulling up front as well, so if it's been there all along, then hopefully you fround something in the front and it wasn't something you did in the rear.

Obviosly what Tyler said is true as this makes sure all the brakes are always adjusted to the same place so when you apply the brakes they all make contact at the same time, which is pretty critical. I think, though, by '68 self adjusters were standard equipment.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"