Thread: Oil flow through rocker assy.

Oil flow through rocker assy.

I was helping someone put a cylinder head on a six this weekend and have a question. I haven't watched a lot of these engines run without the valve cover but how much oil is supposed to be coming out of the holes on the rocker arms? This has adjustable rockers.

Also noticed that as the oil reaches the last stand near the front, it flows out of a hole pointing downward. This stand has a teardrop shaped cap on top held down by the bolt. I would think there should be no exit at the end of the path the oil is supposed to flow so it would create some pressure to force oil out of the rocker arm holes all along the assembly.

Sorry, I can't find a photo of what I'm talking about right now but might be able to find something when I get home tonight.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

OK...I couldn't find a decent picture but here's a small one from the Classic Inlines site. I circled in red the "spout" that points down where all the oil is flowing out of.

The nonadjustable I have to look at doesn't have that "spout" and I don't really see anyplace for the oil to come out besides the holes on the rocker arms.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)