Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barn Find

"Gave" is a good price, I agree.

OK then... I'll "Come on down." I'll let you know if something gets in the way of that. Another curtain opens, or something.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Sounds good everyone get a list together and we will get it pulled and Roger could bring it back with him for a small gas fee???
    See you then.

Roger could bring it back with him for a small gas fee???
    Or a large one.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Ok the barn turd is now the Ratchero. She is flat black and ready for pin striping. Just so you all know I did NOT do any body work, and I did NOT line any panels up. This was merely to keep the surface from rusting any worse.
    I think it came out great and the price was right... Now it is time to drive the snot out of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Way better - You did sand it all though? Looks great.

Wouldn't take too much to tweak the body-lines a little when I'm over there, so if you get to the pin-striping before I get over there, and if you have the pin-striping cross body-lines anywhere, be sure to have them follow reference lines of the body and that way when it is aligned - they'll line up.

Still shooting for a Sunday drive...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Sanded the whole car, what a pain. Then cleaned it all with degreaser and wax remover, then a tack cloth then the primer. Couple of small bad spots but who cares. This is a driver till the delivery is done.

Too bad you couldn't have driven it through the sand blaster.

I'm this-close to bringing these doors to you next weekend, but I know they'd warp with the sand you use there. You probably did the right thing using elbow grease. And the good thing is, with flat paint it is pretty easy to fix things that didn't come out right the first time. It's a fine-looking hot rod now.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Cool!!!

Looks good Steve!!!!
    Now drive the "snot" out of it. That distressed Doghouse logo would look good.
    After that ...... We want to see the delivery on the road!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Roger I blasted the doors on the delivery with no problem. I have to be very careful with hoods. I usually don't do them. Doors No problem...

Soon as I am happy with the finish of the flat black, my buddy Skip is getting turned loose with the pin stripping. He said he has always wanted to do a Rat Fink on a flat black car. So I might get one. Once again the price is right.... We help each other out over here business wise. I send people to him and he sends them to me.

By the way the delivery is going to the paint shop next week. I'm going to try and bribe Roger into helping me with the last couple panels on it and off she goes.....
    Last edited by doghows; June 28th, 2011 at 08:16 AM.

Lookin' GREAT, Steve!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Well then, maybe I should bring the doors - if you think we can get them done that day. I will have most of the paint layers off - just wanting a consistent finish before I prime them.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"