Thread: Rear V-8 drum brake equalizing bars and springs needed

Rear V-8 drum brake equalizing bars and springs needed

Ron at falconparts.com told me I needed these to convert my '65 V-8 rear end drum brakes to self adjusting as they don't come with the self adjustor kit he sells.

"Heads Up!!! There is an equalizing bar that goes on top of the shoes and below the wheel cylinder, it has a spring on one end. We do not have a source for the bars or springs so if yours are missing, you will also have to locate them. Sincerely, Ron Wilson, Falcon Enterprises"
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

still looking, so please don't delete this ad.
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

You might try an older brake shop. If they know they're not available they might stock some salvaged ones. I've been to Aurora Brake a few times to get some misc. brake parts.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Good idea, but wouldn't I need one to match it to? I suppose I could pull one off dad's Mustang after pulling away all the cobwebs http://www.flickr.com/photos/sedanma...7605260731409/
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan

Here's a link to a shot of my set-up: http://redfalken.com/pages/brakes.html

So doesn't the "non self-adjusting" that's on there now have that bar and spring? I thought the self-adjusters were just an add-on and all the other parts stayed.

You might also give Olympic Brake Supply a try.

http://www.olybrake.com

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I've been to busy on working on my engine recently to pull the rear drums off, but apparently not from what Ron says - or maybe it's different.
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan