Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Part out party

Part out party

As most of you have read Roger has purchase my 2 rancheros for his own personal abuse. We are going to part out the 62 at my house (Sequim) and I have a 61 4 door wagon as well. Any parts from the 4 door wagon are free if you come and pull them. I spoke to my wife and she said we could have a little BBQ or something if a bunch of guys come over. Sooo if you need some parts, or just want to get out of town, or want to see the powder coat shop come on over. I will leave it to Roger to set the date because I don't know when he wants the torture to begin. Just give me a heads up if you are coming so we can plan accordingly. Thanks Steve...

Steve -

I'm trying to get my ducks in a row so I can make this happen. Obviously I want to have a place to put it here while I work on it, so my thinking right now is towards maybe renting a garage to store my wagon so I can put the Ranchero in my garage for a couple months while I do the floor repair, etc. So that's what I'm looking at. Garages, I find, are not cheap.

I'm not sure when the other guys will be into this either. Still kind'a brutal out there and we'd also need at least a couple hours of daylight. So maybe some feedback from the rest of you who are interested. I'm in no tremendous rush. I know Steve is probably more in a rush to get those ugly hulks off your property than I am to add one more to mine.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I'm wide open. Just goin' along for the ride...unless I see something I can't do without!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

No hurry Roger, I just figured I would give everyone an excuse to get out of dodge. I have plenty of room so storage is no big deal. If you want to leave me your wagon for a while that would be fine!?! (haha) I just need to refrain from driving the cars now. Keep me posted and we will get all the duck lined up. Thanks again Steve...

I'm up for it. I'm still fooling about with my door hinge, so I'd love to come up with another one. Let me know what I should throw in the toolbox, as well.
    If it's running, take it apart and see why.

It's quite a trek over to Sequim; long day no matter how you slice it. So to make sure we can get it all done I'm hoping for slightly longer days. Or - if you guys don't care when we go - and if Steve will let us take up a bay in his MASSIVE garage, then I'd go sooner; like this weekend or next (I'm open). This trip wouldn't be specifically to get the Ranchero over to here, but rather just to strip the other two cars that are there just to get a clearer picture of what is and what should never be. That way I can order my ducks and get them all in a row. Whatever none of us can use, we can bring to the swap meet.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I would through in two spaces in the shop. Just as long as we don't hurt my delivery. She gets to stay in the third spot.. If it is cold I can always fire up the wood stove.. Only thing I don't have for tools is a torch set-up. I can borrow one if needed. I have jacks and stands engine hoist?? Just let me know and we will get it done.... Steve..

You'd displace the Nash!

I'd bring my sawsall. Would be good enough for most stuff, but if you can borrow your buddy Larry's torch - that might be handy in a few spots.

It can't be this weekend as it turns out, but can be just about any going forward with access to the garage bays. We'd be whipping parts around. We'd be really careful of course. I can see Steve now...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"