Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 302 for Smithkid

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    My intent is to compose a letter to FiTech detailing that fiasco in the next coupla days.
    Gene,

Though I'm fully convinced the reason you had the "stand me by the side of the road" event was solely due to the pickup strainer being choked off, I do believe the known issue with the Command Center would have been the inevitable next failure you'd see. It seems to be that prevalent out there. So you did good to put that on a shelf. The cost for this should have been at the very least subsidized by FiTech for existing customers and their lack of after-the-sale support has already convinced me to avoid them like the plague. The tech support call we both experienced was a double witness to this.

Hopefully, the thing stays alive now that it has been "improved" and you'll not have to deal with them. But, I would be writing that letter too if it were me.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

How much did he sell it to you for?

Quote Originally Posted by eusdater View Post
    How much did he sell it to you for?
    Not speaking for Gene (Smithkid) (or maybe I am), but you may need to define what "it" is for him to answer appropriately.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Latest incident of getting caught by Murphy is.... Stripped drain plug threads out of my new aluminum pan. Not sure if the threads in the pan were oversize, or the threads on the new plug were under-size, but the result was the same. I was NOT looking forward to re-pulling the new pan to install a heli-coil. Turns out I overcame the problem by purchasing and installing an over-size plug (15 or so thousandths larger).
    Last edited by SmithKid; August 13th, 2020 at 04:01 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I know you are nearly 30 miles south of me now, but I still strain my hearing in an attempt to catch a faint roar from down-yonder. I guess I know now why it hasn't been heard. Hopefully it will roar to life soon now. But I suspect now you are going to wait for the new, again, distributor?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"