Thread: Attn. Paint guru's

Attn. Paint guru's

So I painted the Ratchero with an Epoxy primer. This is a 2 part mix from the paint shop. I am noticing some areas where the sanding dust has washed down the side of the car with the rain. I did not think it was a big deal till I tried to wipe it off. It actually looks to have "stained" the primer with the ugly white streaks.
    What is the best way to get them off without ruining my flat black look?? I don't want to sand the whole car again but I guess if that is what is needed then so be it. I tried some small areas of acetone, and M.E.K. and rubbing alcohol but no luck so far with out messing up the primer.
    HELP...

Try Soft Scrub and a wash mitten... I used to clean up my primered cars with that all the time. Made them look freshly primed and the bleach kept the moss and algae growth to a minimum. But that sounds weird what you are describing. Don't really quite understand the problem.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

This is what I was talking about. The stain by the gas door is worse now cause I tried to "fix it". I might have to go with one more coat and leave it inside for a week or so to make sure it is dry all the way?? Called the paint store but they said I should buy flat paint and flat clear and shoot that over it. I told them that kind of ruins the idea of a cheap paint job.
    Or I might just leave it alone?? The next couple of days will decide.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome, my wife is a genius. 0000 steel wool rubbed those marks right out. Couple small tweaks and she is off to the pin stripper. Can't wait to see what he comes up with??.. Little bit of rubbing compound should clean up the rest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by doghows; June 30th, 2011 at 08:08 AM.

Nice, I am going to try that on a couple spots I have around the Van. Looks like we'll have matching Falcons soon.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Now I have suggest to both of you the Soft Scrub deal. Have either of you tried it yet? With my truck sitting under those fir trees - that's the only way I can get it clean.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"