Thread: Wipers redux

Wipers redux

I am in the process of getting the parts needed to do an upgrade in the wiper/washer system on my '65. I know I will need a motor, wiring harness and switch from an F150. Preferably a '79. Will I need the wiper motor bracket from the truck or will the 2 speed motor fit into the existing bracket? I am thinking (which is dangerous) that it would be better to get a rebuilt motor from Rock Auto or someother vendor than use a salvaged one. I don't think that would matter much with the switch or wiring harness. Any advise or help would be appreciated. Thanks

Jerry Kirby

You're on the right track. I bought a new/rebuild motor from Schucks. The 63-65 Falcon mount will work. You'll need the bell crank from your old Falcon motor.

Find a switch from an 80's Ford truck or SUV (were they called SUVs back then?). My switch came from an 86 Ford Bronco. The newer switch gives you two speeds (switch turn to right), fully variable intermittent (turn switch to left), and the switch for the washer fluid (press wiper switch in).
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I've got two sets of these switch assy's hanging on my wall. I've got one for when I do my Falcon and one is.... well, a spare I guess. Might be interested in selling it for what I paid, which was $40. You might get lucky in the pull-a-part yard (much cheaper), but you'll have to get there the day they offload the truck, cause these don't last long. There are a few always on eBay as well.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"