Thread: Interior parts Questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Interior parts Questions

Hi Guys,

its been a while since I have written ask my 64 convertible is almost done (Whew!) Full rotisserie restoration included a doner car, a lot of fabrication and tons of patience and a few bucks, but she is almost done. I'll post pictures before and after as soon as I get her all buttoned up.

So, here is the question, I ordered the chrome escuchetsons for each door. Since these parts are made of hard plastic there is no "give" to them, and i am unable to insert the inside door handle far enough so that the retainer clip can catch on the shaft.

I realize that perhaps if I sand (shave) the escutcheons it might work, but maybe there is a trick that I am just not seeing in being able to install these inside door handles......any suggestions ?

I ordered the scuff plates from Mac's Antique Auto Parts and when I received them they are too wide for my car by about 1/2 inch. According to Mac's they are the correct ones, but that just can't be.....any suggestions ?

I had my steering column rebuilt by a shop new San Diego. By all means take my advice and NEVER give these folks any business (Hilltop Classics). They managed to hack up my steering column and have refused to make things right. Now I am stuck with a steering column that has too much play in it. So, who would you guys recommend I get a replacement unit from and how much should I expect to pay for a simple replacement?

As Always Tons of Thanks for all your posts and advise cause I learn something new every day from here.

Erick
    Attached Images Attached Images