This is low on the technical scale, but I changed a backup bulb tonight and there was a small degree of trickiness to it. On a 1963 sedan, the backup light is integrated into the center of the tail light.

1-DCP_4296.JPG

Remove the three screws holding the red tail light lens in place. Then remove the three little screws that hold a round metal flange that attaches the backup light to the center of the red lens. The light socket plugs firmly into the back of the backup light housing and I loosened it by prying it up with the flat tip of a screwdriver. The bulb that should be installed is a 1141 bulb (12.8 V, 18.4 W) as specified in the lamp bulb data section of the 1963 Falcon wiring diagram manual. A pair of 1141 bulbs cost $4.99 at Advance Auto Parts. I squirted some WD-40 in the bulb socket and inserted the new bulb. Both the flange and the red lens have to line up with a metal tab on the backup light housing when putting the three small screws back in. The red lens has the word “Top” molded in its surface and this has to be pointed up when screwing the three mounting screw back in place.

This is an unrelated article on a very nice unrestored, all original 1963 two-door sedan with a 260 V-8 engine that only has 8,000 miles on it.
See: http://www.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/falcon/mdmp_0707_1963_ford_falcon_futura/viewall.html#ixzz2fk8D4Tx7