Thread: Meeting after the Lemay meeting

Meeting after the Lemay meeting

I would like to have a meeting with those who can attend after the Lemay meet. Combine it with a lunch. We can decide on the location when we are finished with the show. A couple of issues I'd like to discuss is a schedule of more regular meetings and the potential for us to be a part, in some way, of the Woodburn meet in Oregon. We can also set up our first tech meeting of the year as well. Hopefully most of you can set aside and extra hour, maybe a little more, after we're finished drooling over the cars.

Thanks.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Sounds great Roger. I'm all in.

Count me in. I'm game.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

You know I'm there! I don't know if they have room for a meeting but there's a Mexican place nearby that gets pretty good reviews. Vuelve a la Vida at 5310 Pacific Ave. Anyone been there??

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Well Kenny, it may not matter, since it seems like there's only going to be about four of us there anyway. I think just about any place can handle that.

I was hoping the responses to this topic would help us determine whether we need to reserve some spot, or not. So, I guess if you're reading this and plan to attend the meeting after the Lemay show, let us know by posting here as soon as possible so we can decide on a spot that can hold us.

Thanks.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I haven't been there in a few years but "The Swiss" was a pretty big place. Good food and it had other things for non-members to do while we officially met. Pool, video games, lost of cool stuff hanging on the walls. It's not next door to LeMay's but it's not too far.

It's larger and not as "high class" as the web site makes it out to be. I would say comparable to the Elysian Pub that we went to after the meeting at Elhot's Metal Fab.

http://www.theswisspub.com/

Just throwing it out there. I'm not familiar with that area at all. It would be good to have a decision we go so we don't spend 1/2 after the tour mulling it over. When I'm hungry, I'M HUNGRY! (*Insert Smiley stuffing a burger in its mouth here*)

I spoke with Tony yesterday and asked about places to eat that would be good for a meeting. He said there's a Godfather's Pizza at 15709 Pacific Ave. which is about 3/4 mile from Marymount.

One good thing is they have a pizza & salad bar you can pay for and not have to wait for a special order.

Just thought I'd throw that out as another option.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    You know I'm there! I don't know if they have room for a meeting but there's a Mexican place nearby that gets pretty good reviews. Vuelve a la Vida at 5310 Pacific Ave. Anyone been there??
    I've had friends tell me the food is good.Coming from New Mexico,I'm kinda partial to Mexican cuzine.
    On a good day..........

Well it sound like we have a few options going here. I suppose we'll flip a coin and decide at the car museum.

Hey Kenny - Can you do a reminder email about the show and meeting to the mailing list just in case someone hasn't been to forum lately?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"