Thread: new to forum

new to forum

Hello! My husband and i bought my dream car(a 63' falcon futura) to restore. After restoreing his dream car (a 67' mustang fastback) it is finally my turn! I am completely new to computer's, so this is a first for me!! I am very excited to find you guys!!

Hello,
    Welcome to RFC. is your futura a hardtop, convertible, or sedan?
    Tell us more?

Nathan

Welcome Ryan. You've found a good local source for information. And remember that no question is a dumb question so ask away whenever you need advice. If we don't know we'll find out.

Figure out how to post photos cause we'd love to see your new ride. Is this a rolling restoration? If so, let us know if there's a show you'll be at and hopefully someone can make it there.

Also, if you're looking for something to do on August 16th. Take a day trip to Salem and see some nice Falcons. Even if you don't bring yours, we need spectators too!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Welcome Robyn!

Glad to see another Falcon find a loving home. Yes indeed, please post some photos if you can. Describe it as best you can -- what are your plans for it?

Ask anything of us you can think to ask. And by all means try and go to the regional meet in Oregon... even if you and your husband just go as spectators.

I'm just glad it's not another '62.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hello!

Ok, I had to call my hubby and ask the details, because i am not a car person, but i am learning, so please bear with me!! my falcon is a two door hard top. It has a 200 inline 6, from a'78 ford fairmont and has a '66 mustang c4 transmission. The body is in great shape, hardly any rust compared to what my husbands mustang had. We are interested in swapping a single bowl master cylinder to a duel, does any one know what is compatible?? I'll have to ask someone how to put up a picture. We can't make it to salem, but will be at the ford show at bcc, any one going to that??

Robyn,

Sounds like a nice car. The brake improvement is a good first move. Pretty simple to do as well. A couple of us have actually done a front disc brake conversion for the 6 cylinder car that might be worth considering as well. Gather all the parts and it's a good Saturday or Sunday project. Not much more than that. A complete tech article was done by me when I was newsletter editor and you can download that entire newsletter on the Rainier site. Just click on the Home menu above and the link to the newsletters are on the left-hand menu. It was Volume #1 Issue #3 where I posted that. This was a tech article from a tech day we all went to over at Gary's house. I have since done the same job on my wagon and made a slight improvement by adding Volvo brake shields to the mix. I've got links to that in the forum here somewhere. I'll search for it and post as well. The Master Cylinder was from a late 60's Mustang (mine was out of a 67 without disc brakes), but I found that I didn't need what is called a proportioning valve when I did the disc brake swap. This is normally needed to make sure you don't get too much pressure to one end or the other causing one end to lock-up before the other. Anyway, the tech article in the newsletter is complete with pictures, so they speak a thousand words so I don't here (I'm wordy enough as it is ).

So hope this helps!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"