Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

There is just this slight twinkle in the horizon now. It sure feels good to get some new parts on the car instead of tearing it down all the time.
    Also I was over in Shorline this weekend and picked up the complete front 5 lug front suspension from a 63 falcon and the 8" 5 lug rear axle as well. I stole those for $150!! For an extra $50 he through in 4 wheels and tires and a new set of brakes for the rear. Craigs list is your friend..

Nice deal! Is this person parting out a `63? Joanna is looking for a driver's side fresh air vent box. Hers is missing a door.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

No he is making more of a go fast type car and is putting race type suspension and brakes under his. I will look through my junk and see if I have one of those air boxes left from the 61 I am parting out. I'll look tonight and see...

Can you convert the 60-63 door style to a 64/65 pull handle type? I've never looked that close, but sure is nice being able to yank a handle and open the vent.

There is just this slight twinkle in the horizon now.
    Looking good there Steve. By the time I make it over there I'll not have anything to help you with... but at the rate my own stuff is going, I'm not sure where my tunnel ends. I see no light at the end of mine yet. And I suspect some of that twinkle you see is being made by your welder.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Can you convert the 60-63 door style to a 64/65 pull handle type? I've never looked that close, but sure is nice being able to yank a handle and open the vent.
    You mean there's some handle up on the dash in the 64-65? My 62 has a handle on the door you twist to unlatch. Guess I never noticed that detail.

Sorry to highjack the thread...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I have a door on the right, like you, but on the drivers side we can pull the handle you see in this pic (sorry too Steve for the hijack... it's only temporary).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Nice feature! I'll have to check it out at the next show and take some measurements.

And now back to our regularly scheduled reconstruction!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

No worries; Let me know how that vent works out. if it does I will use it in the delivery.
    I think you are right about the twinkle, I did have some tough spots to weld that used the close your eyes tighter and you won't be blind method??

Started on the quarter repairs this weekend. Spent HOURS fitting the lower panel. I think it came out well. Cut out the upper part but ran out of steam. I want to wait to weld the hell out of it till I fit the upper piece, that way I can be sure it all lines up the way it should.
    Hopefully by the end of May I can get the metal spraying done!
    Also took a pic of the upper piece I cut out. UGLY stuff!!!

OK. I finally have some progress to show. Things got way ugly before they started to look better.
    Pulled the whole quarter panel off to fit the upper piece in the right way that took about a week. Did some rust prevention on the inner panel while it was accessible, and started putting it back together. Still needs a bunch of work but my Buddie is helping me out a bit. That is him in the pic.
    So I got the rest of the floor pans in some of which we had to make, and I hope to start putting the panels back in the side soon. I figure I hadn't put anything up for a while so the bored people can get interested again and those who weren't can see the painfully slow progress of some of this type of work. As usual any input is always welcome. Enjoy Steve.

Well I am just about done with the rust repair. Couple more small things and I will be ready for the metal spray on the floors and so forth.
    Here are some updated pics, and when I spray the metal down I will get some pics of that as well.

Metal Spraying

OK here are some pics of the metal spraying. Hope they show OK. Some are before and some are afters. I will try to put them in the right order.

And some more.

I will get some more up tomorrow. The areas shown are rough finished, but after a little sanding they shape up beautifully. I am very happy with the results and hopefully the rust will never come back.
    Enjoy. Steve

OK, I took some this morning of the areas I have started to finish the metal out on. Remember I replaced the entire roof gutter, down supports and the top of the rear quarter with new metal. Also test fitting the new side panels. I think it is starting to look like a car again.