Thread: New guy from Oregon.

New guy from Oregon.

Hello all,

I am from Oregon (Hope this is ok) and have a 1961 2dr Wagon. I bought this car when my kids were newborns(Boy and Girl Twins), 4 1/2 years later and I am working away at it with them. We are having a great time together, and they have an interest since I told them the timeline of buying it. Anyways, Thank you for having me and here are some pictures.

My son checking things over.

Not a cream puff by anymeans, but I have always wanted a 2dr wagon and picked this up for a very reasonable price. Currently it has a 200ci mated to a c4.

Mark

Welcome Mark. Nice looking wagon hope to see you the family and the car at a show sometime soon.

Looks pretty clean. I am partial to two door wagons myself. Are you in the process of removing all the chrome and stainless trim to go with your blacked out look or just missing some pieces?

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Thank you! We would love to make it to some shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    Looks pretty clean. I am partial to two door wagons myself. Are you in the process or removing all the chrome and stainless trim to go with your blacked out look or just missing some pieces?
    I found the missing stainless piece that goes over the drivers rear quarter window from Wall to Wall falcons. I really would like to find the deluxe trim, but that is proving to be difficult.

Yes, 2 door wagon specific trim is fun to find. Just look at the production numbers compared to the other body styles and you will know why.

I don't know if the ranchero came with deluxe trim, that should be same for he rear quarters. Front Fender and doors should be easiest. You may have to piece meal it together.. let your kids keep track and check them off as you find 'em.

Nice you get them involved.

Attach more pictures when you can.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

I am thinking that looking for 4 door trim and having it tig welded to take care of seams might be somewhat easier. The kids are a great help and its great that they enjoy the time working on it as much as I do. Now if I could just convince my son that when everyone is leaving church service that is not the time to try and get folks to do burnouts.

Very cool wagon and so cool that your kids show interest. I've got a 200 with a C4 as well. Nice combination!

Welcome to the forum!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I'm a fan of 2 door wagons too. Different body style, but far prefer the round-body styling.

Looking forward to watching the progress moving forward!

Welcome!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"